Saturday, August 29, 2009

A Book About Death


OK, I did it. I accomplished Goal #2 which was to make a piece for A Book About Death. If you remember, this group show is the brain child of Matthew Rose, a collage artist and writer living in Paris http://homepage.mac.com/mistahcoughdrop/Menu22.html Each artist has to send their piece to The Emily Harvey Foundation Gallery, NYC in the form of 500 postcards. See my postcard, front and back above. The opening of the show is 9/10/09 from 7:30 - 11:pm. The show runs through 9/22. Everyone who visits is free to take postcards from each of the artists.
Here is a link to the blog about the show www.abookaboutdeathblogspot.com

And here is a link to the gallery www.emilyharveyfoundation.org
As of this posting, there are a total of 356 artists participating. I think the hope was for 1,000 artists. Maybe they will still make it. Perhaps not all the artists who are submitting work have sent their work to the blog? Anyway, do check out the blog. There is some really great art there.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Judi! it's funny how connected people are... I was browsing your site when I saw EMILY harvey's name... I, about 15 years ago, rented a studio space from her on mercer when I was an active painter... Funny what now brings us together... Quilts! Sometimes, NYC is a very small place... congrats on making a lovely piece...

    ReplyDelete