Saturday, March 14, 2009

Disintegration Collaboration


Well, I finally did it! Today I joined the Disintegration Collaboration project organized by Seth Apter of The Altered Page www.thealteredpage.blogspot.com.
When I joined there were already 94 artists in the project. Basically one makes a piece of art, packages it, and then puts it outside to weather the elements. Over time, we mark its progress.

My piece has been hung from the railing of my little terrace. I expect it might get pretty hammered because I am on the top floor and my terrace doesn't have an overhang. It will be most interesting to see how it changes in the remaining time which is about 6 weeks. I will definitely post more photos as I monitor its devolvment - or denouement, if you like - because my piece is about the progression of the music of life. I might have to name it. (I tend to name things.) I'm thinking... "The Measure of Breath."

I must say a word or two about Seth Apter here. I've been following his blog for some time. He does dream up the most interesting projects. He has done multiple surveys of artists. His art is pretty cool, too. He has a wonderful concise style and I love his color sense.

Oh, and don't hesitate to tell me what you think of my piece.

3 comments:

  1. Happy that your decided to join the project Judith. 6 weeks of New York weather will certainly make for an interesting reveal on May 1!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a concept! I suspect there will be a fair amount of disintegration/fading. ah, the fleeting nature of art...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the BLUE!! I just recently learned about Seth, but I have to agree... I love him!! :)

    ReplyDelete